One of the best aspects of using Outlook as the primary email application is that you can sync it even with your Mac. You can view all the information stored in Outlook such as calendar, contacts, tasks etc by changing the Outlook setting and enabling the synchronization.
If you face issues in syncing Outlook with Mac, you can follow these instructions provided by the Outlook tech support:
- In the first step, you need to backup your Mac address book. For this, you need to open Mac address book and then click on the File menu. Now, select Export followed by Address Book Archive. With this step, you would be able to create a backup of the contact information.
- Now, you need to open Outlook application in your system, and then select the Preferences option. Once it is opened, click on the Sync Services option, and then the box present next to Turn on Sync Services for Contacts.
- You would be able to see a list of options under to sync. Here, you need to select the Address Book and then close the window. Once you get a pop message asking for a confirmation, you need to click on the OK button.
- In the next step, you need to click on the Tools tab, followed by the Sync Services option. This would enable you to turn on the synchronization feature.
- For turning on the synchronization feature, first open the iSync option that you can find beneath Utilities in the Applications window. Now, click on Preferences in the iSync Application menu, followed by the box next to Enable syncing in your computer. Now, wait for the synchronization to get completed.
- Now, you need to change the Outlook setting by retuning the Sync History option. You can delete Plist files by closing all the applications running on your computer. Now click on Go, Home followed by Library and then Preferences.
- Next, find all those files that contain com.microsoft.outlook.XXXXX.plist. After locating these, you can move them into Trash folder. Similarly, locate the files that contain com.microsoft.SyncServicesAgent.plist and drag them to trash.
- Once you have deleted the files, open Outlook again and click on the Tools tab followed by Sync Services. Now, enable the Turn on Sync Services for Contacts option.
These steps would help to successfully change the Outlook setting and synchronize it with your Mac computer. For more information, please contact our technical support team.Google+