I’ve often had to face this issue of running low on the Random Access Memory of my computer. This occurred whenever I tried running multiple programs on my PC. And the other day, my computer had frozen like, five times in the few couple of hours. All of a sudden, it just crashed on me and when I tried clicking the mouse, caused stuff to stop responding! Well, lucky thing I had the Windows 7 Support guide with me. If only I had thought about referring it sooner, I would’ve spared myself a lot of time and effort!
Windows 7 support has really got good information on how to fix issues such as these easily and effectively. For instance, the problem that I faced was due to low storage space on my RAM. When your computer runs out of space on RAM, it relies on virtual memory. Virtual memory is a temporary disk space used to compensate for the insufficient RAM on your computer. Windows 7 support suggests increasing the memory used by your computer to fix such issues effectively.
Windows 7 support guidelines to resolve this issue
You can follow the below mentioned Windows 7 support guidelines to resolve this issue.
- You can start off this Windows 7 support procedure by opening the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Click on the “System and Security” option and select “Security“.
- The next step of this Windows 7 support procedure is to open the Windows System properties screen by clicking on “Advanced System Settings”.
- You can now select “Settings” from the Performance tier. Then click “Advanced” followed by “Change” from the Virtual Memory tier.
- The next step of this Windows 7 support procedure is to enable the “Automatically Manage Paging File Size For All Drives” option. This will allow Windows 7 to automatically lend virtual memory to any application as required. Now your Windows 7 support procedure is almost over.
- Then you can input a desired amount of virtual memory to be used by the system processes in the “Initial Size” and “Maximum Size” fields respectively.
- Click “Set” and then “OK”, and your Windows 7 support procedure is complete.
This should resolve your issue and help run your computer better. If you have any further queries you can always rely on Windows 7 support and get all the help you need.