Owing to the astronomical number of programs available and the vulnerability of computers to viral intrusions, it could be rightly said that there is always a strong case for maintaining sufficient backup of your vital data and settings. As such quite likely you would’ve created backup for your much wanted files and documents that would prove helpful in the event of a hard drive failure or while setting up a new PC. Here, the Windows 7 support team gives you a comprehensive account on how to restore your backup files onto your Windows 7 PC.
The Backup and Restore Utility
One of the most laudable inclusions in Windows operating systems is the Backup and Restore utility that helps you to create backup as well as restore the same at a later time. It has been automated in such a way that the restoration can be wound up with just a few mouse clicks. Now let’s see how we can restore Backup files on your Windows 7 computer.
Restoring Backup Files
The following steps are in order for restoring your Backup files:
- Commence the procedure by clicking on “Start” and selecting “Control Panel”.
- In the Control Panel window select the option that reads “System and Security”, followed by “Backup and Restore”.
- If you have previously run a Windows backup and if it is currently connected to your computer, you may execute the pivotal step of the procedure by clicking on the option “Restore My Files”.
- Now you may head on to select the files or folders you wish to restore by clicking on the appropriate button on the right side and browsing for the desired files or folders. In case you are not able to recall the location, you may perform a Custom Search.
- Click on the “Add Folder” or “Add File” button in order to add the files/folders you wish to restore. After making all the selections, click on “Next”.
- Select a location for restoring your files and then click on “Restore”.
- Click on “Finish” when the restoring is over.
The above account would surely prove helpful in restoring your backup files onto your Windows 7 PC.
For any further assistance, please contact Windows 7 support.Google+