Windows 7 support features for problems that can occur, is one of the main factors that has made it much more reliable than its predecessors. At times of sudden power outages or other typical scenarios that can result in disk failure, the inbuilt system utilities of “chkdisk” runs automatically to fix the errors if any, so that the boot up can go on smoothly. Yet, in some cases, the ‘chkdisk’ utility maybe unable to regain the system. This can result in the “System Disk failure” error. In such scenarios, use the following Windows 7 support instructions to save the disk from being obsolete.
Instructions to reboot after Disk Failure
Follow these instructions to get the computer to be booted again saving it from the disk failure.
- Once a “System Disk failure” is shown by the computer, restart the computer. When the computer starts rebooting, insert the installation disk for Windows 7 into the DVD or CD drive. Wait for a prompt that asks you to “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD”. When this prompt comes up, press on any key from the keyboard.
- Next opt the language you require from “Language to install“. The time and currency format that you would like to choose from “Time and currency” and next on the input and keyboard setup from “Keyboard or input method“. Once these are done then, proceed by clicking on the button “Next”.
- From the subsequent window that appears, navigate to the left corner to the option called “Repair your computer”. Now select Windows 7 for the choice of operating system, this also represents the installation setup for Windows 7. There will be only this option that can be selected. Now proceed by clicking on the “Next” button.
- From the list of options that occurs, opt for “Startup Repair”. The startup repair option can repair or reinstall critical files of the system. When the repair process completes, reboot the computer by clicking on the “Finish” button.
- When the computer reboots for the next time, take out the Windows 7 installation disk out from the drive. This resumes the normal boot process into Windows.
Follow these Windows 7 support instructions to get the system disk failure to be rectified and to restore Windows 7. Ciao!