Notification icons are located in the task bar area and this area is referred to as the “System tray”. This is where you can find all those icons of the programs which are running on the background. These icons also display notification of the respective programs. These notifications carry important information, but the problem comes when you have lot of programs running on the background. When this happens, the system tray gets overcrowded and it’s just a matter of time when it becomes a real mess. In such cases, Windows 7 support team recommends to reduce the number of visible icons in the system tray. Through this article let’s look at the Windows 7 support on how to remove unwanted notification icons from the system tray.
Windows 7 support instructions to delete the notification icon.
- Initiate this Windows 7 support guidelines by right clicking on vacant area of you task bar and selecting the option “Properties”.
- Choose the “Taskbar” tab and then select the “Customize” button.
- Continue this Windows 7 support procedure by clearing the check box which says “Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar”.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the icon you wish to remove.
- End this Windows 7 support procedure by choosing either “Only show notifications” or “Hide icon and notifications”.
Both of these options will stop the icon from being displayed in the task bar without closing the program. The “Only show notifications” option will stop the icon being displayed and the “Hide icon and notifications” option will stop both the icon and notifications from being displayed. Now you don’t have to worry about notification icons crowding up in the system tray any more, all thanks to Windows 7 support team.Google+